Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel Disney Music Group
We are seeking an Attorney to join the Business Affairs & Legal Counsel team that provides business and legal affairs services for Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records, Disney Music Publishing, and Disney Concerts (collectively DMG).
• Negotiating and drafting a wide variety of agreements pertaining to all aspects of Disney Music Group's businesses including: artist recording related, music publishing/administration, touring, merchandising, name and likeness, sponsorships/endorsements, producer, mixer, remixer, side artist, video production, photographer, soundtrack albums, concert rights licensing, marketing agreements, synch licenses, and master use licenses
• Assisting in handling claims, researching rights issues, and clearing masters for third party releases, as well as other duties pertaining to the daily operations of our record labels, music publishing entities, and related DMG activities
• Working closely with the various DMG departments to service their business and legal affairs needs; will interact with third parties and other Disney business units on behalf of DMG
• Minimum of 3 years relevant music related legal experience
• Ability to accomplish and complete responsibilities with some training and supervision
• Demonstrated strong drafting, analytical, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business unit and enterprise level
• Ability to multi-task and think strategically in solving problems
• Resilience to work within a complex organization and find creative solutions
• Willingness to challenge status quo and be proactive
• Strong project management
• Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners
• Strong client relationship skills
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize complex business/financial data
• Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities
JD degree from an accredited law school and CA Bar membership or willingness and qualification to be Registered In House Counsel
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.