Hollywood Pantages TheatreHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/10/2021 11:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for House Manager jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all House Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a House Manager?
Full Time Job
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the General Manager and Director of Operations in being responsible for the presentation and delivery of the public image of the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in all Front of House areas. To recruit, manage, motivate and train all customer service staff (Assistant Managers, Ushers, Porters, and Security). To act as the Theatre's representative and ensure efficient and smooth running of all Front of House operations at all times.
The ideal candidate would be a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a mind toward excellent customer service, experience managing 20+ people and have a passion for creating and sustaining a productive, comfortable and inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. Organization, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn will ease the transition into being a part of the largest theatrical presence in Los Angeles.
• To manage customer service staff, ensuring the delivery of the customer service policy, achievement of goals, disciplinary matters and appraisals.
• To facilitate two-way communication with all Front of House staff, ensuring that all staff understand the standards required of them, soliciting regular feedback from them, listening and responding to staff concerns, and providing them with ongoing and timely performance feedback.
• To ensure the effective training of all Front of House staff, including the successful orientation and onboarding of all new staff.
• To manage the daily staffing needs of a performance, ensuring adequate and suitable staffing levels at all times. To oversee the creation of schedules for all other Front of House staff including security, ensuring the theatre is fully staffed at all times.
• To proactively build relationships and networks to ensure we are reaching a diverse network of talented potential Front of House employees.
• To organize regular meetings prior to the start of each performance for Front of House staff, and ensure they are continually kept well informed, and to ensure any staff issues and questions are heard and addressed.
• To create and sustain a comfortable and inclusive working environment.
• To assist the General Manager to develop and manage changes and improvements to the customer service provided in the theatre areas and all temporary spaces.
• To assist the General Manager and Director of Operations to develop and improve Front of House procedures and systems.
• To collaborate with the General Manager to produce training manuals for FOH operations to ensure consistency of standards.
• To undertake initiatives, including assisting in the organization of short training courses and other activities to enhance staff performance, provide professional development and as part of the customer service policy.
• To complete an informative show report at the end of each shift and follow up with the General Manager to solve any issues noted on the report.
• To collaborate with the General Manager in establishing requirements for customer service activities.
• To assist the General Manager in distributing information about forthcoming productions, including special requirements particular to individual shows.
• To attend dress rehearsal performances and communicate updates to all relevant staff.
• To be familiar with and follow the latest requirements for access to the theatre by persons with disabilities.
• To ensure the principles of the Hollywood Pantages Theatre access policy are upheld.
HEALTH & SAFETY/REGULATIONS
• To be familiar with and comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
• To be familiar with and comply with all relevant H&S legislation and the company H&S policy.
• To ensure that regular performance emergency drills occur, and all staff are effectively trained.
• To collaborate with the General Manager to regularly review and develop the effectiveness of all performance evacuation procedures.
• To be trained in first aid, CPR and AED. (Training will be provided.)
• To be familiar with the theatre fire alarm system. (Training will be provided.)
• To collaborate with other departments to compile and organize schedule information, including assisting with the coordination and preparation of special events.
• To liaise with other departments and ensure information gathered is distributed appropriately.
• To assist with the administration of customer complaints and compliments.
• To assist the General Manager to ensure that staffing expenditure is kept within agreed limits.
• To collaborate with the concessions department and contracted caterers to help ensure that Front of House sales are maximized.
• To submit weekly payroll for all front of house staff.
• To contribute to ensuring that the building is well cleaned and maintained at all times.
• To report any issue to the relevant departments.
• To be a liaison with the concessions, bar and merchandise operators in connection with evening operations, to ensure this function links with the smooth running of Front of House procedures.
• To assist, when necessary, with external groups renting theatre spaces for events (e.g., weddings, conferences, meetings, charity events, etc.).
• To assist, when necessary, with internal special events.
• To act on behalf of the General Manager in their absence or when required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• 3-5 years previous experience as a Theatre/House Manager preferred, but not necessary (can be in a comparable industry such as sporting venues, theme parks, hotel and event management).
• Excellent staff management skills/experience, including creating and sustaining a comfortable and inclusive environment for a diverse staff
• Highly organized, efficient and confident nature
• Administrative skills, including knowledge of MS packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including effective listening and conflict resolution abilities
• Time management skills
• Ability to provide effective and regular performance feedback and motivate staff
• Ability to prioritize a varied workload and work to deadlines
• Ability to identify and solve problems, timely escalate issues as needed, as well as act on one's own initiative
• Ability to act with integrity and observe confidentiality
• Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
• Experience providing training to large teams of people
• Prior training in first aid
REPORTING TO: General Manager and Director of Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: 60+
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, exempt
COMPENSATION: $70,000 - $85,000
$70,000-$85,000 Full time, benefited
The Hollywood Pantages Theatre is one of the country's top destinations for touring Broadway and has hosted such record-breaking blockbusters as HAMILTON, WICKED, and Disney's THE LION KING. With over 2700 seats, the theatre is host to almost 50 weeks of programming annually. It is the flagship venue for the Nederlander Organization outside of New York City.
Job Code: House Manager