Cruise & Travel Director
Holland America LineSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Holland America Line believes in the power of travel to transform lives and is offering an exciting, new job opportunity aboard our ships! We are seeking confident, charismatic and natural public speakers to tell amazing and interesting stories of the places we go onstage in front of large audiences, bringing the destinations to life for our guests.
What You'll Do:
• Present exclusive enrichment talks in our World Stage theater, using imagery, animation and vivid story-telling to connect our guests to their journeys.
• Act as a brand ambassador and embody the vision and brand direction of Holland America Line.
• Collaborate with an onboard Entertainment team devoted to delivering high-quality, authentic experiences to our globetrotting guests.
• Connect and engage with our diverse guests onboard as a key front-facing representative of Holland America Line.
Most Important Things for Us:
• You have compelling public speaking and presentation skills.
• You feel confident and experienced on a stage engaging audiences of up to 1,000 people.
• You're passionate about travel and enriching people's lives.
• You exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
• You're collaborative and motivated by constant learning and a ''larger picture''.
• You're an intuitive, critical-thinker who is passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with.
Nice to Have:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher. Related field is a plus. And/or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Public Speaking, Performance, Television, Broadcast Journalism, Theatre and/or other transferrable disciplines.
• Experience in customer service driven environments.
• Proven leadership skills and/or management experience.
• Basic fluency in MS Office products, including Outlook and Powerpoint.
What You Get:
• Highly competitive salary plus benefits
• Seniority/Completion bonus
• Work/Life Balance- 4 month assignment onboard, 2 month vacation
• Fulfill your wanderlust while you work!
Who We Are:
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Our 14 premium mid-size ships travel to over 400 ports-of-call across all 7 continents. Holland America Line's core message, which fuels everything we do, is the belief that travel has the power to change the world by opening minds, building connections and inspiring a shared humanity. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course!
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Start by submitting your CV and a Cover Letter showing us who you are and why you're a match. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online