Box Office Supervisor
Historic Theatre GroupMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
The Box Office Supervisor manages the daily operations of the State Theatre box office, with a client and customer service focus. Provides team-oriented leadership to full-time and part-time Box Office Associates. Resolves all customer, client, staff and technical challenges as part of the box office leadership team.
• Ensures smooth operation of daily Box Office functions including accurate daily balancing of Box Office sales in accordance with
HTG's Finance Department; promptly resolves any problems including chargebacks; orders change and maintains Box Office banks;
oversees the daily upkeep of the Box Office including filing, cleaning, repairs and maintenance by utilizing Box Office Associates
• Ensures accurate and timely daily sales reporting, while maintaining proper confidentiality
• Creates and maintains monthly box office schedules ensuring accuracy and coverage for all box office shifts
• Maintains all displayed marketing materials and keeps them up to date
• Assists with ticket inventory management and house seat orders for Performance Managers
• Works with Ticketmaster to design reports to meet Box Office needs; ensures replacement or repair of hardware/equipment as
needed; coordinates installation and training on new hardware and software upgrades
• Resolves all ticketing problems quickly with a focus towards strong customer service
• Supervises Full-Time staff, including providing training, discipline, giving performance reviews; schedules regular full time meetings;
gives direction for box office projects;
• Hires, supervises and trains full and part-time box office staff as part of box office leadership team; ensures proper orientation to
HTG policies and standards and Box Office procedures;
• Maintains and updates written procedures and training materials; keeps comprehensive records of policy and procedures
• Maintains Box Office archives including event records, sales statistics, Box Office deposit and Journal activity archives
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 year college degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Box Office/Ticketing experience required.
• Proven strong customer service experience required.
• Previous experience handling cash required.
• Experience with Ticketmaster classic and Archtics software preferred
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary structure commensurate with experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package including company sponsored medical coverage, paid vacation and 401(k) are included.
THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London's West End, Japan and 47 North American markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.