Weekend Sport Anchor / Reporter / MMJ
Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2021 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Weekend Sport Anchor / Reporter / MMJ jobs in Palm Beach Gardens-FL
Search all Weekend Sport Anchor / Reporter / MMJ postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Weekend Sport Anchor / Reporter / MMJ?
Full Time Job
WPBF 25 News, the Hearst Television ABC Affiliate in the West Palm Beach market, is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter/Multimedia Journalist who can generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.?The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers.?This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the ''big story''.
• Anchor and Produce Saturday and Sunday early evening and 11pm sports segments.
• Report and Produce Friday night Football, Basketball shows, Spring Training, Honda Classic, etc.
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on sports, day-of news or special project assignments
• Ability to shoot, track and edit high-quality packages, VO/SOTs and VOs, live shots and live interviews
• Contribute both written and video content to our digital products and our social media sites
• Produce and report additional sports and news content as assigned. Deliver scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality and purpose
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow us to break stories of significance.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Edit video on Adobe Premier and other non-linear platforms.
• Participate in editorial meetings and contribute fresh ideas for newscasts, sweeps and special projects
• Be well versed in local, national and international sports, with special attention to high school athletics, ACC and other conference sports, NASCAR, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.
• Be available for unscheduled assignments on mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use of latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Excellent writing and packaging skills
• Prior sports anchoring, reporting and MMJ experience
• College degree or equivalent work/military experience