Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
Be a part of Omaha's News Leader, KETV NewsWatch 7, and work in one of the most unique broadcasting facilities in the nation, the historic 7 Burlington Station. Located just south of downtown's Old Market entertainment district, KETV is the #1 source for local news in Omaha and one of the top ABC affiliates in the country. Omaha is the hidden gem in America's heartland. We may be known for our Zoo and the College World Series . . . but when you explore the city you'll find so much more to do. There's a reason Omaha is constantly ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live.
Hearst Television's KETV, Omaha Nebraska's News Leader, has an immediate opening for an on-air meteorologist to join our award-winning Weather Now Storm Team. We're looking for an engaging and energetic broadcaster who wants to join our top-rated weekend morning news program. This is a unique opportunity to join the Hearst Television group in an area of the country where the weather makes news every day. Our Storm Team has led Omaha coverage through historic floods, record-breaking blizzards, and extended tornado events.
At KETV, you would be part of a team of veteran meteorologists and equipped with the best tools, including KETV's live, dual-pol radar system. Plus, you'll work in historic 7 Burlington Station, the KETV Studio facility in downtown Omaha. The winning candidate will have a passion for the science of meteorology and the ability to relate the day's weather story in a concise, understandable and engaging fashion. You must be an accurate forecaster who's eager to convey information on-air, and through social media channels. The winning candidate must be relatable to the viewer and calm and authoritative when severe weather threatens.
• Accurate forecasting
• The ability to produce and perform an engaging, understandable weather cast
• Eagerness to embrace technology, including the production of new graphics and learning how to operate a live, dual-pol radar system
• The ability to report live from remote locations, covering both weather and news events which may be unrelated to weather
• A journalistic background and the ability to write news stories for television and digital platforms
• Knowledge of the WSI graphics system
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered
• Bilingual skills are a plus