Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter
Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 8/4/2021 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter?
Full Time Job
Do you want to anchor and report in one of the most competitive markets in the country? WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is searching for a Weekend Anchor/Weekday Reporter. Candidates should have the credibility, poise and personality to be the face of our weekend news and be ready on weekdays to head out into the field and report on the big story of the day. Candidates should be able to bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. We want someone who owns the desk on the weekends and owns breaking news during the week. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate possessing the ability and determination to lead our digital and social media news efforts on weekend mornings, as well.
• Work with producer, desk, meteorologist, management and production team to deliver a fast paced, informative and consistent newscast Saturdays and Sundays.
• Work as a general assignment reporter three days during the week.
• Lead effort to contribute to various station branded digital platforms on weekends. Post frequently on station-issued social media accounts throughout the week.
• Put stories together for weekend evening shows as needed.
• Coordinate with news managers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content.
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects simultaneously, demonstrating exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Use ENPS and other newsroom systems to write, edit and communicate with coworkers.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Work varied shifts - holidays and weekends included.
• Work long hours and overtime, particularly during breaking news.
• Deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Experience reporting/anchoring in medium to large market (2-5 years) preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.