TV News Intern
Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Part Time Paid Internship
WBAL-TV 11 recruits students for our 12-week paid internship program, which provides a hands-on professional learning experience. The WBAL-TV Internship Program is administered through group video conferences and individual in-person shadowing experiences.
Ambitious, creative and energetic students should have some classroom experience in broadcast journalism, and preferably some knowledge of a television newsroom.
• Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment, resourcefulness, confidence.
• Possess a positive, professional attitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Possess the ability to pay close attention to detail.
Internship Program Dates
Spring 2023 Session
• Application Deadline: Jan. 13, 2023
• Session: Feb. 6 to April 28, 2023
Summer 2023 Session
• Application Deadline: April 22, 2023
• Session: June 5 to Aug. 25, 2023
Fall 2023 Session
• Application Deadline: Aug. 12, 2023
• Session: Sept. 11 to Nov. 30, 2023
*Dates are subject to change
Hiring decisions are made within one month of the application deadline.
Students must have junior, senior or graduate studies level status to apply. Applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter with the application. The cover letter should include:
• Preferred semester (i.e. spring, summer or fall)
• Department preference
• Available start and end dates
• Days and hours available to intern