Topical Producer Editor
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA 3/KQCA MY58, the Hearst Duopoly and number one news station in Sacramento, has an immediate opening for a Topical Promotion Producer/Editor. Candidate will be responsible for writing, shooting and editing daily topicals in addition to some news image spots. Ideal candidate will have Premiere PRO and After Effects editing experience. Candidate must also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-minded with the ability to handle tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and prioritize multiple projects. In-person attendance is required.
Sacramento is a hidden gem in the heart of Northern California, surrounded by Napa Valley, San Francisco, the Pacific Coast, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and more. As one of the most affordable cities in California, Sacramento boasts beautiful weather year-round, along with an impressive array of parks, landmarks and some of the best produce in the country.
Your main focus will be creating high quality, compelling topical news promos that entice viewers to watch KCRA 3 News. You will also produce and edit high-end station and news image promos. You will work extensively with After Effects and Premiere PRO, in addition to some graphic work in Photoshop.
• Strong editing skills. Adobe Premiere experience preferred.
• After Effects whiz, able to create high quality promos.
• Strong topical/news background
• Minimum 2 years of experience creating compelling news topical promos.
• Extremely high standards.
• Ability to write, produce and edit promos start to finish.
• Meet tight deadlines and adapt to whatever the project calls for.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Work efficiently under time constraints
• Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Work a flexible schedule including overtime, if necessary.
• Great attitude and strong team player.
• Takes critiques and direction well.
• Demo reel speaks for itself & contains promos for topical and news image.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.