Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
Meaningful live and local talk is very healthy at WBAL NewsRadio FM & AM in Baltimore, a Hearst station. We have stayed true to our mission for 95 years: a 24/7 local connection and commitment to breaking news and captivating talk. We are also the home of the Baltimore Ravens and Navy Football. This is a rigorous search for a dynamic individual, or team, to host PM drive. Beyond on-air responsibilities, our team is active on social media and in the community. Our presentation aims to be lively, fast, riveting and our hosts understand the pulse of Baltimore, Maryland and the country. We believe you can't spell 'Baltimore' without B-A-L. Your mission is to create a daily PM drive program that transcends all formats as a ''must listen''. Be prepared to provide audio samples, but let's start with your philosophy for local talk in 2020 and your background and life experiences. Your first step is to apply on-line at: Hearst Television Careers. Please know your interest will be held in strict confidence. Check us out at Hearst.com… a dynamic privately held organization with unmatched cable, television, radio, magazines and newspaper platforms.
• Host or Co-Host of Monday-Friday Talk Show. Be able to deliver opinion driven content based on a foundation of news and fact.
• Make regular appearances on other programming and special event coverage.
• Have strong knowledge base of both national and local topics/content with a major emphasis on Baltimore, MD regional issues.
• Deliver content to consumers via social media platforms.
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events.
• Past hosting experience preferred.
• Past ratings success preferred.
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Flexibility in schedule with an ability to adjust to breaking news coverage.
• Comfort with digital media and social media.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Military experience and training will be considered.