Hearst TelevisionWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Hearst Television has an immediate opportunity for a Supervising Producer for Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien. This position is based at the Hearst Television News Bureau in Washington DC.
• Collaborating with production team on execution of full and expanded segments, in-show elements, extended interviews and transit ions.
• Conceptualizing, visualizing and communicating new ideas; researching, booking, script editing and rights clearance.
• Guiding graphic designers and editors to weave together video and other visual elements to create a unique presentation for each segment.
• Write and edit scripts for the show and special presentations including features, promos, teases, opens and news segments that reflect the anchor's style and support the show's mission statement.
• Gather and write content for digital platforms including on-demand content, YouTube postings, station pages, social media, and daily material for matteroffact.tv.
• Support production of content on the show's website and social media accounts.
• Exceptionally strong writing skills
• A track record of outstanding storytelling
• Proven ability to craft short-form and long-form content
• Accomplished in producing live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Experience working with high-profile talent in studio and field setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media, including digital storytelling formats
• Experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent)
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in an active control room
• Comprehensive knowledge of current events, politics, and pop culture are highly valued.
• Versatility, creativity and agility appropriate for nationally syndicated production.
• College degree in journalism or communications or equivalent work experience
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.