Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock has an immediate opening for an energetic Full-Time Sports Producer. We are looking for a dedicated individual who will work with our sports partnerships to create the best on-air product possible. The ideal candidate adeptly manages deadlines and the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires and has an enthusiasm for broadcasting on-location. This is an opportunity to join two of the largest and most decorated Radio Stations in the country, with decades of service to the Baltimore-Metro region.
• Serving as the primary on-site producer/engineer for WBAL Radio/98 Rock's sports partnerships.
• Maintaining remote studio operations for the duration of programming.
• Facilitating all live sponsorships for each broadcast.
• Working directly with talent to develop compelling and engaging content each day.
• Aid in content gathering efforts before, during, and after broadcasts.
• Support studio production team with highlights for local and network programming.
• When not participating in remote broadcasts, support Station's through in-person studio operations/production.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn remote broadcasting equipment.
• Audio editing ability within single and multi-track sessions.
• Familiarity with or eagerness to gain comprehension of on-air studio operations.
• Excellent time management in deadline driven situations.
• Flexibility to work different shifts.
• Ability to work on location for extended periods.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Adobe Audition or similar programs preferred.
• Remote broadcast experience in a sport setting helpful, or an aptitude to learn quickly.
• Travel will be required.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
• As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.