Senior Video Editor, Marketing, Streaming Video Services
Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
HTV seeks an experienced video editor with a proven history of developing a creative vision and successfully executing it. The Senior Video Editor will write, produce and edit critical promotional materials, serving as a key contributor to the marketing team. This position requires a strong sense of creativity and a high level of organization and responsibility. With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Senior Video Editor, Marketing, Streaming Video Services reports to the Creative Manager.
Location: US-based with flexibility to work in any Hearst Television market.
• Work with Creative Manager, Director of Marketing and marketing team to develop A/V creative for brand spots, trailers, original series promotion, episodics, social media marketing, etc.
• Develop, write, produce and edit on-brand concepts for each assignment
• Give and receive constructive feedback
• Collaborate with marketing, social and other teams on content development and promotional projects needed to support marketing priorities
• Find solutions to creative and technical challenges
• Assist with motion graphics design, development and implementation in projects, toolkits, etc.
• Create and manage efficient workflows, including template development for recurring projects
• Maintain currency with latest production techniques, styles, and tools
• A minimum of 5 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots and trailers for television, preferably with a network, streamer or creative agency.
• Experience in branded and original series creative development
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production, and post-production
• Possess superior writing skills
• Aptitude for leveraging the importance of sound in production
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Adobe suite
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion
• Passion for staying current on media industry and social trends
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.