Senior Program Manager
Hearst TelevisionNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Program Manager
As the Senior Digital Program Manager for Hearst Television, you'll bring together your expertise in project management, your experience leading teams and your excitement for strong and positive communications within distributed teams to help drive the day-to-day activities that support delivery of the overall product roadmap for one of the largest news and media organizations in the country. We own and operate 33 television stations and two radio stations, reaching 21 million U.S. television households across 39 states. Our stations operate web, mobile and OTT platforms which reach 30 million unique visitors every month.
We're looking for a program management leader whose knowledge and experience with product and development lifecycles comes as second nature. You're comfortable working alongside engineering and product colleagues to tackle challenges together and maintain forward momentum. You can swiftly identify projects at risk, potential impacts and propose solutions to continue to keep them on track. If you enjoy having your hands in a little bit of everything, delivering only the highest quality products and adapting to the ever-changing technological landscape, you're the teammate we're looking for!
Location: US-based with some flexibility. Potential locations include Washington, DC, New York City and additional cities on the east coast.
• Support the needs of the digital team as outlined by the Director of Digital Program Management. This can include anything from pulling numbers, drafting reports and presentations to vetting vendors to training and communicating new practices to helping write Jira tickets and more.
• Lead, support, guide and educate the greater team in any number of areas.
• Communicate easily within a distributed team. You quickly learn your audiences and leverage the best tools available to effectively communicate with them. You are no stranger to Slack, email, web conferencing, jira/confluence, etc.
• Be a team expert: become well-versed in everything from team structure, dynamics and workflows to the digital roadmap, cross-departmental contacts/liaisons and corporate policy and standards.
• Collaborate effectively within the program team and across the greater digital team to identify and deliver the best possible solutions on a daily basis.
• Proactively assess, plan and mitigate to keep the team running smoothly with minimal blockers and frustrations.
• Help lead and mentor talented project managers: teach them to fish, invest in their ideas and success.
• Apply a combination of agile and scrum practices to best organize the team for maximum efficiency.
• Domestic travel, roughly quarterly
• 5 years of Agile project/product management experience
• 2 years of leading or managing teams
• Extensive use of G suite, Microsoft and Project Management software applications
• Adapt quickly and seamlessly, as the local media space changes, you'll adapt quickly and restack priorities to meet a changing landscape
• Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills while applying new information and proposed solutions quickly and cleanly
• College degree
• Experience in the media space and understanding of content-based, ad supported business models is a plus
• Functional experience and understanding of a variety of platforms (web, iOS and Android native apps, OTT platforms, video streaming and playback)
• Experience in Cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
• Experience working with globally distributed teams