Hearst TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Litton Entertainment is seeking a well-connected & entrepreneurial individual to engage across all sectors of our business platforms. The Publicist will be instrumental in developing and executing the company's corporate and programming media strategy as well as new business communications initiatives. The role will include responsibility for creating strategic PR programs, overseeing and executing PR strategies and collaborating with the wider team to achieve real media results. This person should have a proven track record in the industry, deep media relationships with national, multicultural, industry press and an understanding of how to create positioning, stories and narratives.
Additionally, this person will:
• Develop, plan and execute strategic integrated media campaigns for Litton's businesses including pitching story ideas to trade and consumer media outlets for television & digital projects including on Digital/Social, National/Local Television (Broadcast, Cable, Hispanic, etc.), Print & other.
• Coordinate photo, print and broadcast media requests for Litton's senior executives.
• Draft and distribute internal and external announcements, including staff and executive appointments, talent alignments, and new sales/premiers.
• Serve as primary corporate point of contact with project talent from on-boarding through all phases of production for the lifespan of the working relationships.
• Work with all internal units to support client goals.
• Prepare talent and executives for national and local print and broadcast interviews, speaking engagements-including drafting briefing materials, talking points, Q&As.
• React swiftly and effectively to any issues, across press and social media.
• Be accountable for the creation and maintenance of all communications, reports and client materials.
• Effectively communicate strategy, timelines, and creative execution.
• 7 years of relevant, progressive entertainment industry experience working within communications, including internal communications and public/media relations.
• Strong relationships with consumer and trade media with experience identifying new opportunities.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities and interpersonal/conflict resolution skills.
• Proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad array of employees and constituents, including senior management.
• Ability to help create an inventive and collaborative atmosphere within the team where new ideas are encouraged, and best practices are shared.
About Litton Entertainment:
Litton Entertainment, a division of Hearst Television, is the preeminent independent producer and distributor in the U.S. television industry, creating and distributing quality programming for over 20 years including linear, cable, streamers, digital and social platforms. Producing more than 800 hours of programming a year across genres and demos, Litton talent and crews can often be found traveling the globe producing Emmy-winning, content distributed worldwide. Litton's Weekend Adventure, produced by Litton Studios, was the first program block of its kind and airs Saturdays on ABC stations nationwide. Litton Entertainment provides CBS Network with six original programs for Saturday mornings called CBS Dream Team; The CW Network with One Magnificent Morning, a three-hour destination featuring E/I programming; NBC stations with six original E/I series under the iconic brand The More You Know; and Telemundo with the three-hour Mi Telemundo block of programming. Litton's syndication and news division distributes a diverse slate of programs including Law & Crime Daily, the E/I block Go Time!, and Consumer Reports TV. For more information, visit http://www.litton.tv . Litton is majority-owned by Hearst: http://www.hearst.com .