Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
Full Time Job
Very Local New Orleans is a new digital news outlet focused on lifestyle and culture for young New Orleanians- digital-first news and information with an emphasis on food, drink, events, and local culture. Very Local provides the best recommendations on cultural destinations and activities, targeting young, urban audiences. This role would be responsible for building a digital advertising business from scratch, focusing on native advertising and sponsorships.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and energetic digital salesperson to build a business for a new local media property. The ideal candidate has worked in digital media sales, preferably with a focus on lifestyle or entertainment. They are willing to roll their sleeves up and handle any aspect of a project.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their city and passionate about digital sales. They are self-directed and entrepreneurial, ready to build a new business and learn along the way.
This position will report to the Local Market Manager for Very Local New Orleans.
• Meet a sales quota for native advertising and sponsored opportunities
• Generate revenue across all available platforms
• Identify and form strategic local business and market partnerships
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Manage inventory and protect rate structure
• Create sales and marketing materials in collaboration with others
• Manage an active account and client list
• Regularly meet with local market manager and executives to ensure progression and success with stated goals
• Provide thoughtful feedback and improvements on business strategy
• Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with strategies
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel
• Responsible for overseeing the execution of campaigns through fulfillment channels and providing regular client reporting
• Must have a proven track record in media sales and in the cultivation and development of new business and/or non-traditional business
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience in a consultative customer-focused business atmosphere
• Ability to multi-task within an entrepreneurial environment
• Accountability within a goal-structured organization
• Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
• Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO's
• Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
• Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Applications without a resume in .doc or .pdf form will not be considered.