Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market, has an opening for a Sales Assistant. The ideal candidate we're looking for is an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor are essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who can maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
• Entering and maintaining advertising orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all WO Platform orders to Wide Orbit.
• Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns
• Maintain organized filing systems
• Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives
• Event planning
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service
• In-person attendance is required
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous commercial television experience a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Wide Orbit.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
• Extreme attention to detail.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.