Sales Account Associate
Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
Sales Account Associate- Entry Level
Sales Account Associate
KCCI, the market-leading Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA is seeking an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, who wants to grow their career in sales and marketing. As a Sales Account Associate, you will work with the sales team on processing and advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales teams, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This individual will work closely with the advertising sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. The Entry Level – Sales Associate position is a training sales program that will develop Sales Account Associates into Sales Account Executives.
• Assist the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department.
• Prepare proposals based on account executive requests.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (including: sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
• Entering and maintaining all orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
• Maintain and organize sales databases.
• Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects, and tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Excellent social, intrapersonal, and presentation skills.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• College degree OR relevant experience in sales, customer service, business administration, or related field. Military training will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Extensive Training Program
• Health and Welfare Programs Including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Retirement and Income Protection Programs Including a 401k plan
• Work/Life Programs Including Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Apply to learn more about the great benefits Hearst has to offer!