Sales Account Associate
Hearst TelevisionManchester, NH
Full Time Job
Sales Account Associate- Entry Level
As a Sales Account Associate, you will work with the sales team on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales teams, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This individual will work closely with the advertising sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. This entry level position is designed to train and develop Sales Account Associates into Sales Account Executives.
• Assist the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department.
• Prepare proposals based on account executive guidance.
• Effectively Communicate with internal teams (including sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
• Entering and maintaining orders in Wide Orbit traffic system.
• Maintain and organize sales databases.
• Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner on the phone and in person
Training and Development:
• Comprehensive 10 to 12-month training within WMUR's sales department.
• Train with top sales producers and sales management
• Learn software skills on Wide Orbit, Matrix, Kantar and other sales related software
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Manage multiple projects at one time while meeting tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent social, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Must be above proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• College degree OR relevant experience in sales, customer service, business administration or related field. Military training will be considered
• Competitive salary
• Hands-on training program
• Great benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage
• 401k plan and retirement and planning.
• Paid time off including vacation and holidays
• Career advancement opportunities within all 32 Hearst Television stations
About Hearst Television
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.