Sales Account Associate - Entry Level
Hearst TelevisionColchester, VT
Full Time Job
NBC5/WPTZ-TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Plattsburgh, NY/Burlington, VT is now interviewing candidates for a Sales Account Associate/Sales Trainee. This position is located in the Colchester, Vermont office and works closely with the marketing sales team and their clients to ensure successful Broadcast/Digital advertising campaigns across our full suite of digital products as well as NBC5, The Valley CW and The Valley's MeTV. Candidates should value the importance of superior customer service for both our clients and sales executives and embrace the sense of urgency inherent in working within a media sales organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical qualifications as well as organization and attention to detail in order to maximize time efficiently. This position is intended to be transitional, providing a springboard to a full-time multi-platform Sales Account Executive position.
• Researching, contacting and scheduling meetings with business development prospects.
• Writing, designing and preparing proposals and presentations.
• Order entry, report generation and data processing.
• Assisting with creative development or procurement of commercial/campaign/promotional elements.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of commitments.
• Work directly with clients and sales team to provide detailed client service and execute integrated marketing plans.
• Utilize research resources to provide valuable reporting and statistical analysis
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns
• Provide superior customer support to clients and sales executives through pro-active troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Stay up to date on the latest Broadcast and Digital trends and news in the ever-changing landscape
• Explore ways to expand sales to existing clients, identify prospects, qualify opportunities
• Management of front desk at Colchester office including reception, mail management and delivery/shipping.
• Strong leadership, motivational and sales skills preferred but not required.
• Computer experience essential, including advanced Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Strong focus on teamwork and self-starter.
• Extreme attention to detail and desire to exceed client expectations.
• A valid driver's license and Motor Vehicle Record check required.