Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2021 1:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Reporter jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Reporter postings
Part Time Job
WGAL 8, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA is looking for a Part-Time Reporter that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are looking for a good storyteller with excellent on-air presence. The successful candidate loves breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting and we're looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for a reporter who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories.
• Works with producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Past reporting experience required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Related military experience will be considered
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.