Hearst TelevisionManchester, NH
This was removed by the employer on 8/13/2021 12:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Reporter jobs in Manchester-NH
Search all Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Reporter?
Full Time Job
WMUR-TV is looking for a full-time news Reporter that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. The ideal candidate is a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. We value strong enterprise reporting as well as the ability to work on breaking news.
In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for a reporter who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break big stories. We are looking for this market's next leader who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions and will hold those in power accountable. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Works with the assignment desk, producers and videographers to produce stories.
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments.
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content.
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Contribute pictures, video and text updates to all digital platforms consistently throughout the day.
• The ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover news
• Demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Related military experience will be considered
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving-record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Works well under deadline stress and pressure
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.