Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Part Time Job
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA, is looking for a Temporary Part-time Reporter to join our award-winning journalism team. We are looking for someone who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions and hold those in power accountable. This position includes field work and the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to break stories, enterprise exclusives, and execute energetic live shots.
• Deliver on-air news, both live and recorded, scripted and unscripted, with clarity, accuracy and confidence.
• Collaborate with producers in newscast production
• Generate enterprise story ideas and participate in editorial meetings.
• Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day and engage with audiences on social platforms.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Past reporting experience (at least 2 years preferred)
• Ability to enterprise and uncover impactful stories
• Excellent research skills
• Related military experience will be considered
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation
• Strong writing and storytelling skills and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.