Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA 3, the #1 station in the Sacramento market, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate is innovative, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting and we are looking for someone who finds stories that lead newscasts. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting.
• Generate strong story ideas every day that lead newscasts.
• Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise angles and has exclusive elements.
• Develop a network of sources to break stories of significance.
• Consistently contribute engaging content on all TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
• Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
• Exceptional live reporting skills.
• Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• 3-5 years of reporting experience.
• Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.