Reporter / Anchor
Hearst TelevisionManchester, NH
This was removed by the employer on 10/22/2021 2:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Reporter / Anchor jobs in Manchester-NH
Search all Reporter / Anchor postings
Full Time Job
The Reporter/Anchor is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for an anchor who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. Our next reporter/anchor will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. We are looking for this market's next leader who isn't afraid to ask tough questions and will hold those in power accountable. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Delivers scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers, and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video, and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events
• In-person attendance is required
• Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
• Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Proven Anchor with the ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use the latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clean driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights, weekends, and holidays
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.