Quality Assurance Manager
Hearst TelevisionNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/23/2019 4:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Quality Assurance Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Quality Assurance Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Quality Assurance Manager? Quality Assurance Manager
As the Quality Assurance Manager for Hearst Television, you'll bring together your expertise in manual and automated quality assurance procedures, your excellent team leadership skills and your strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues to deliver the highest quality products to market for one of the largest news and media organizations in the country. We own and operate 33 television stations and two radio stations, reaching 21 million U.S. television households across 39 states. Our stations operate web, mobile and OTT platforms which reach 30 million unique visitors every month.
We're looking for a QA manager who has thorough knowledge and experience with product and development lifecycles. You're comfortable working alongside engineering and product colleagues to tackle challenges together and maintain forward momentum. You have a knack for exposing gaps and proposing solutions to fill them. If you enjoy leading, training and mentoring others to deliver only the highest quality products in an ever-changing technological landscape, you're the teammate we're looking for!
Location: US-based with some flexibility. Potential locations include Washington, DC, New York City and additional cities on the east coast.
• Support the needs of the digital team as outlined by the Director of Digital Program Management.
• Lead, support and educate the QA team, maintaining the highest standards.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Generate reporting to be used for various administrative functions.
• Communicate easily within a distributed team; Slack, email, web conferencing, jira/confluence, etc.
• Collaborate effectively within the program team and across the greater digital team to identify and deliver the best possible solutions on a daily basis.
• Proactively assess, plan and mitigate to keep the team running smoothly with minimal blockers and frustrations.
• Domestic travel, roughly quarterly.
• 3 years of QA experience
• Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
• Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
• Proficient with technical documentation
• Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills while swiftly applying new information and proposed solutions.
• Adapt quickly and seamlessly. As the local media space changes, you'll adapt quickly and restack priorities to meet a changing landscape.
• Extensive use of G suite and Microsoft software applications
• College degree
• 2 years leading or managing teams
• 2 years as a developer or project manager
• Experience with test automation
• Experience in the media space and understanding of content-based, ad supported business models
• Functional experience and understanding of a variety of platforms (web, iOS and Android native apps, OTT platforms, video streaming and playback)
• Experience in Cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
• Experience working with globally distributed teams This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.