Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Part Time Job
KETV has an opening for an experienced Part Time Newscast
Director/Technical Director. The Part
Time Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all
technical aspects of live production with all technical staff, including the
Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive
pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position.
With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst
Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing/Technical Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast
producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall
look of the newscast.
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
• May also run Teleprompter system
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback
• Candidate must be an excellent communicator able to work
efficiently and effectively with a variety of personalities in high pressure
• Candidate must be a problem solver and quick thinker, using
technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that
arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift will include various
day parts, holidays and weekend duties.
• Video editing with Adobe Premiere is required.
• Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
preferred or equivalent broadcast work experience preferred. Previous military experience in a similar
field will be considered.
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
• Spanish/English bilingual a plus, but not required
• 2 to 5 Years preferred
• Candidates should have a helpful, positive, ''can do''
• Experience with production switchers, video servers, editing
systems and audio and studio equipment preferred.