PT Associate Producer
Hearst TelevisionRogers, AR
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2021 4:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for PT Associate Producer jobs in Rogers-AR
Search all PT Associate Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a PT Associate Producer?
Full Time Job
KHBS/KHOG TV has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our associate producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our website and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, writing and tape editing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism. On-site attendance is required.
• Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos.
• Assist producers and reporters with research.
• Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
• Have an understanding of social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
• Researching and writing stories for television and digital platforms.
• Making follow up calls and beat calls
• Previous on-air producing experience required.
• Military on-air producing experience will be considered
• Familiarity with social media.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work on deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
• Relevant experience will be considered.