Promotion Writer Producer
Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
WESH-TV, the HEARST Television NBC affiliate in Orlando, Florida (DMA 18), is seeking a new member of the WESH 2 Creative Services team. We want not only a writer/producer/editor, but a creator, innovator and collaborator. Someone ready to go beyond typical promo speak to connect with our ever-growing, and ever-changing Central Florida audience. At WESH-TV, our creative team strives to break out of the typical to create impactful messages on all platforms. The ideal candidate is savvy on social, a rockstar writer, and an Adobe Creative Suite master. Skilled photographer? Great designer? Perfect! You'll be able to put those skills to use here as well.
• Write, produce, shoot and edit compelling and engaging promotion for our on-air news product. This includes everything from nightly topicals and TSR's to brand/image promotion. There's an audience craving content- make them want to never miss a moment of what's going on.
• Design and produce promotional content for our social and digital platforms. Have a great story to promote? Why not let the world know about with a cool insta-story.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under deadline. Got an idea? Want to try something new? We can't wait to see and hear about it.
• Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Working knowledge Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop and After Effects).
• Proficient in videography and lighting.
• Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy.
• Work well under extreme deadlines.
• Must be a team player and a great collaborator.
• Knowledge of social media trends.
• Bachelor's Degree or some college preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.