Hearst TelevisionSalinas, CA
Full Time Job
KSBW Action News 8, the Hearst Television Inc. NBC & ABC-affiliated station in the Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz, CA television market is now interviewing candidates for a Promotion Manager. We are seeking an innovative and highly creative person to partner with the Creative Services Director as the senior producer of on-air, off-air and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with the Creative Services Director in developing brand and marketing strategies for all of KSBW Action News 8's media platforms including the principal promotional oversight of our multicast station, Central Coast ABC. We're looking for a person with the motivation to help lead a talented and experienced team. Someone invested in pushing the staff to improve their skills and find their untapped potential. This is an opportunity to be a part of the California Central Coast's #1 Rated News Leader, top-rated NBC & ABC affiliates and work the most beautiful television market in America. If you aspire to grow your creative arsenal, move into a management position and be a part of Hearst Television, a national leader in local television, apply today.
• Creation of on-air and cross-platform image campaigns, franchise promotion, IDs, news opens and other related production elements.
• Must have passion and vision for promotion with viewer benefit. Sell the coverage differentiators, distinctions and benefits of KSBW Action News 8.
• Work closely with the Creative Services Director to oversee day to day operations of creative services team.
• Will be a point person between creative services and the news and sales departments.
• Highly collaborative, symbiotic relationship with GM, Creative Services Director, News Director and sales department.
• Help manage station on air and digital inventory.
• Draft compelling messages that create a point of differentiation between KSBW products and the competition.
• Effectively and efficiently operate various format cameras, editing software, and plugins.
• Manage sales-related promo sponsorships, contests, rules, and special giveaways.
• Will work with ABC Affiliate Marketing and syndication affiliate marketing on projects, and special events.
• Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, special projects and station events. Some may occur outside normal work hours.
• Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality.
• Excellent knowledge and editing abilities with Adobe Premier, After Effects and Photoshop.
• Strategic thinking and brand building.
• Work well and interact professionally with many different personalities.
• Developing and contributing new ideas for delivering promotions to viewers.
• Must be able to work independently in most areas of production.
• Must be well organized and highly motivated.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field.
APPLICANTS WITHOUT A DEMO REEL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED