Programming / Promotions Assistant
Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2023 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Programming / Promotions Assistant jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Programming / Promotions Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Programming/Promotions Assistant (full-time)
WIYY (98 ROCK) is Baltimore's home for COMEDY, ROCK, and SPORTS for more than 45 years. The station features top-rated personalities playing a wide variety of music from classic rock to alternative and everything in-between. 98 ROCK is also the proud flagship station for the Baltimore Ravens and the Baltimore Orioles. This position assists the Program Director, Assistant Program Director, and Promotions Manager with all aspects of the on-air product and promotion.
• Import music and production elements into audio server.
• Edit new content and upload it on an ongoing basis into the comedy library.
• Schedule elements for ''98 Rock After Hours'' (overnight show)
• Insert promos and liners into log.
• Write and publish ''The Daily Briefing'' update for staff.
• Download and import syndicated programming.
• Help maintain Music Master database.
• Back up Asst. PD for scheduling logs
• Recording and editing Ravens pressers for gameday broadcast use
• Building and timing out clocks
• Writing copy and informational prep for interviews
• Editing and uploading audio for 98 Rock podcasts
• Creating show production & show promos
• Contribute to music meetings and promotion meetings.
• Back-up studio producer/board operator
• Help in coordinating on-air contests and prize winner fulfillment including calling and e-mailing listeners.
• Promotional item inventory & organization
• Setting up and producing remote broadcasts, which may entail nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Assist with on-site promotional events and activations for 98 Rock and WBAL NewsRadio, which may entail nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Contribute content to 98online.com and 98 Rock social media.
• Other duties as needed.
• Must be proficient in editing audio. Experience with Adobe Audition editing software is a plus.
• Prior experience with Wide Orbit automation systems and operating a studio console is desirable.
• The ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment.
• Good writing and communication skills
• Prior experience in radio, familiarity with Rock format, and knowledge of NFL and MLB (particularly Ravens and Orioles) are not required but are desirable for this position.
• High School graduate or equivalent