Hearst TelevisionKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2020 12:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Search for Production Engineer jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Production Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Engineer?
Part Time Job
Production Engineer- Part Time
KMBC-TV has an opening for a part-time Production Engineer. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule required in the broadcast industry to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio, and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills and good communication skills.
include, camera/studio operator, audio, and other duties as assigned.
• Operate teleprompter during newscasts
• Operate robotic cameras
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology.
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Related military experience will be considered
• The ideal candidate should have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work all shifts as needed, including nights and weekends.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or Media Studies preferred. Completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
• Equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.