Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2023 4:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Production Assistant postings
Part Time Job
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Lancaster-Lebanon-Harrisburg-York, PA market has an opening for a Part-time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. The successful candidate will work with the Production Coordinator to keep our studios running smoothly, assisting with moving sets, lighting, inventory, setup, teardown, and cleanup for multiple locally-produced programs and newscasts. Other duties include operating cameras, teleprompter, audio, graphics and video equipment. Must have good technical and communication skills, be comfortable at heights above six feet, and able to lift 50 pounds.
• Maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
• Preparation for recorded programs and live newscasts.
• Maintaining professional appearance and organization of studio/sets and prop room.
• Assisting other members of the Technical Services Department as needed.
• In-person attendance is required.
• High School, college-level or related military experience in studio and/or stage production.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Non-linear editing experience a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player who seeks to grow in the broadcast industry.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Reliable transportation and punctuality are 'musts'.