Hearst TelevisionWestbrook, ME
This was removed by the employer on 6/6/2023 7:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Producer jobs in Westbrook-ME
Search all Producer postings
Full Time Job
WMTW has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers.
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.