Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
This was removed by the employer on 5/30/2023 2:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer jobs in Des Moines-IA
Search all Producer postings
Full Time Job
KCCI 8 News, Iowa's News Leader, has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will be creative and assertive. They will have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be able to win the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers.
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• Previous producing experience.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are helpful.
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.