Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
WCVB-TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create dynamic and memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being aggressive when news breaks as well as the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have experience creating high-end production that showcases the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates also must be efficient and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded professionals.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to create an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• In-person attendance is required
• 2 years newscast producing experience
• Creative presentation skills
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
• Experience using ENPS or iNews
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• An ability to organize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style and ability to take advantage of all available resources/elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays and be flexible with scheduling during breaking news
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.