Hearst TelevisionCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
WLWT-TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, OH has an opening for a strong, take-charge News Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, can make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and be able to work well in a room of like-minded professionals. The successful candidate will know how to use digital/social media to find great stories as well as to contribute to all platforms.
• Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to further the ''Leading the Way'' brand of WLWT News 5.
• Working with reporters and photojournalists to develop highly visual stories in assigned newscasts
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photojournalists, editors, digital producers, and production staff
• Contributing content to our station digital and social platforms on a regular basis.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to synthesize and summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news. In person work at the station is required.
• Previous producing experience preferred
• Experience with ENPS preferred
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.? HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.?