Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2022 6:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Producer postings
Full Time Job
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Lancaster-Lebanon-Harrisburg-York, PA market, has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, can make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We look for good news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates should have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Strong candidates should be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers.
• Work with a team on stories and guiding reporters in story production.
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• Producing experience preferred.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexibility with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.