Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 2/19/2021 1:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? WGAL-TV, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate for Harrisburg, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Carlisle Pennsylvania has an opening for a strong, take-charge Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and be able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers.
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• Producing graphics for and coordinating traffic reports with remote reporter during morning newscasts
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• 2 years producing experience.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.