Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, NY
Full Time Job
WPTZ NBC5, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market has an opening for a Newscast Producer. We're looking for a story teller who thrives on breaking news, and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. Our next producer will join a team of award-winning journalists committed to dynamic local news coverage. We want a producer who demonstrates solid news judgement, and who has an eye for using video, graphics, and studio features to effectively convey information. We approach everything as a team at WPTZ. We expect you to come in with an open mind, ready to learn and ready to lend a hand to other members of the team when needed.
During work hours, you'll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you'll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
• Selecting, and writing material for a daily newscast.
• Building graphics and shaping how a story is presented for a live newscast.
• Working with reporters and helping them shape their daily reports.
• Possess an ability to communicate clearly and quickly to effectively give direction, and to explain your vision of a newscast to anchors, reporters, and directors.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• Our producers are required to edit video and contribute to our digital platforms.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.