Hearst TelevisionWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Hearst Television is seeking an aggressive producer to join its Washington Bureau. The Washington Bureau is responsible for covering breaking news, politics, health, consumer, and special projects for Hearst stations, as well as major event coverage such as political conventions, election coverage and breaking news events.
• Editorial oversight of packages and segments, working with station producers to help showcase and highlight bureau offerings
• Booking and producing reporter live shots, monitoring news feeds, and video for reporter packages, updates, and single station live shots.
• Producing big event coverage for the bureau, as well as booking interviews for reporters, and booking guests for morning segments.
• Researching and producing investigative special reports
• Conducting field interviews with lawmakers and other newsmakers
• The producer also oversees group breaking news needs, helping to coordinate live shots and feed material from our stations.
Qualified candidates should be able to react and adapt to breaking news while coordinating 5 hours of continuous live coverage. Versatility a must as producers handle a wide range of topics and subjects, be up-to-date on current events and work well in a team dynamic. Strong editorial, writing and technical skills a must.
Candidates should have at least 2 years producing newscasts and extensive writing experience.