Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
The team at WESH 2 News in Orlando, Florida is looking for a self-motivated photographer who is ready to hustle and win the day. We are seeking a highly skilled individual eager to capture the essence of what's happening in Central Florida, a place packed with busy theme parks, launches along the Space Coast, and miles of beaches. This photographer must be able to tell compelling stories in their community in a deadline-driven environment through high-quality video and audio elements. They must be tech savvy and proficient in the most modern aspects of our visual medium as they shoot, edit, and execute live shots for multiple stories. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and Digital via Sony XD Cam, GoPro, iPhone, and Adobe Premiere.
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathering video and still pictures for digital platforms.
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms.
• Must be flexible with scheduling on weekends and holidays.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.