Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
A part-time Operations Technician operates various technical equipment for live and recorded television shows. They prepare content for on-air use. Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Operate studio camera robotics equipment; acquires, prepares, and transfers content for on-air use; prepares, monitors, and executes automation events for transmission; sets up audio equipment and operates audio console for live and recorded production elements and shows; performs other operational-related duties as assigned or required; maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task accurately.
• Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
• Practical experience working at a college-level cable or television facility for a minimum of two semesters or a commercial television station for six months or longer,
• Experience with Master Control Operations, and/or
• Experience with Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio Console Operation, and Videotape Operations.
• 1 years of college-level curriculum preferably in the broadcast communications or mass media program, work experience equivalent or military experience equivalent.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.