Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2021 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Operations Technician jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Operations Technician postings
Part Time Job
KCRA has an opening for a part-time experienced Broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is fundamental for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location. In-person attendance is required.
As part of KCRA's continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing.
• Master Control Operations.
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment).
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors.
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances.
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD).
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions.
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager.
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment.
• Experience with Master Control Operations, Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio Console Operation, and Videotape Operations
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Equivalent work experience.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.