Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Part Time Job
Part-Time Operations Technician
A part-time Operations Technician operates various technical equipment for live and taped television shows. He/she prepares content for on-air use. Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Operate studio robotics equipment; acquires, prepares, and transfers content for on-air use; prepares, monitors, and executes automation events for transmission; sets up audio equipment and operates audio console for live and recorded production elements and shows; performs other operational-related duties as assigned or required; and maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task accurately.
• Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
• Practical experience working at a college-level cable or television facility for a minimum of two semesters or a commercial television station for six months or longer,
• Experience with Master Control Operations, and/or
• Experience with Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio Console Operation, and Videotape Operations.
• 1 years of college-level curriculum preferably in the broadcast communications or mass media program.