Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
This was removed by the employer on 5/5/2021 1:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Operations Technician jobs in New Orleans-LA
Search all Operations Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Operations Technician? PT Operations Technician
WDSU TV has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including Master Control, Video Operations, Robotic Camers and Audio.)
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
• Should have 2 years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
• Related military experience will be considered
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Military training and experience will be considered This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.