Hearst TelevisionKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2020 9:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Operations Technician jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Operations Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Operations Technician? KMBC-TV, the Hearst owned ABC affiliate in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate broadcast studio or master control equipment, which can include robotic cameras, switchers, audio consoles, teleprompter or automation software.
• Work night and weekend shifts, for production of live newscasts.
• An aptitude for teamwork, and attention to detail.
• Consistent availability to work on weekends and holidays.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
• Should have 2 years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment.
• College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Military training and experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.