Hearst TelevisionMilwaukee, WI
Part Time Job
Part-Time Operations Technician
WISN-TV has a part-time opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
• Should have 2 years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
• Related military experience will be considered
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Military training and experience will be considered
No phone calls, please.