Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is interviewing candidates for a fulltime broadcast Operator Technician.
• Use computers and software extensively to perform numerous and varied file based workflows including media preparation, playlist management, record schedule management, and shot recall for robotic cameras.
• Operate studio and transmitter remote equipment including: cameras, both master control and production control room video switchers, satellite downlinks, HD video servers, and related automation software, audio mixers.
• Using video, audio and waveform quality control monitors, must be able to judge video and audio levels and quality to a high degree of accuracy.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have training in broadcast communications and job experience in Television Control Rooms and studio operations.
• The ideal candidate will have a great deal of prior experience with computer file based workflows.
• Applicants must be capable of a high degree of independent thought and action as there is little routine supervision of this position.
• Must be able to make judgments quickly and perform tasks on schedule with a very low rate of error.
• Applicants must be able to ascertain whether equipment is malfunctioning so that maintenance techs and/or managers can be notified in a timely manner to effect repairs.
• Any serious applicant must be highly computer literate, comfortable working with a wide variety of computer applications.
• Must be able to learn fast.
• Applicants must also be reliable and punctual and be able to work varied shifts including overnight, holidays and weekends.
• Must have a valid PA Driver's license and reliable personal transportation.
• Technical School Degree, Electronics Certification, and/or SBE TV Broadcast Certification desirable.