Operations Technician / Director
Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2021 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Operations Technician / Director jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Operations Technician / Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Operations Technician / Director?
Part Time Job
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for an experienced Part-time broadcast Operations Technician/Director. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician/Director will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position is in-person and does not involve any remote work.
• Direct graphics heavy newscasts
• Coordinate and lead technical staff assigned to control room during newscasts
• Make critical on-air decisions in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Accurately and concisely communicate with production crew during newscasts
• Contribute and collaborate on the development of newscasts with other Directors and Producers
• Operate cameras and studio floor directing
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Work with Senior Director/Lead Technical Director and Operations Manager to carry out the vision and aesthetic standards of the station
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain appearance of production control including cleaning of worktops
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with facility maintenance and technical projects as required.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including live shot setup, audio and director) as well as camera and teleprompter operation
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
• Should have experience working as an operations technician or director at a collegiate or commercial television station with experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
• Related military experience will be considered
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Military training and experience will be considered